PetWill Radio

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Holiday greetings for 2013!

I'm one of those people that like to send a chatty annual newsletter.  Last year I failed to get out my letter and card, so I'm making up for it this year.  I thought for fun I would post my letter and my card to my blog so I could share with all my Facebook friends too! 

Wishing you the happiest of holiday seasons (Merry Christmas!) and a safe and prosperous New Year!


SEASONS GREETINGS 2013!



We’ve missed you!  We missed our 2012 annual holiday letter – the first in a long time.  I kept thinking I would get to it – first at Thanksgiving, before the rush, then Christmas, then New Year’s, then Valentine’s and eventually Spring – but it just never happened.  Thanks to those of you we did hear from.  We loved getting your news.  So, now there’s a lot to catch up on!

I suspect my dysfunction was primarily related to the loss of my dad, John Hoyt, on April 15, 2012.  He had been ill for a long time but nothing prepares you for the reality of losing a parent.  We had a small family funeral in April and then in October a larger memorial hosted by The HSUS.  

We finally sold our Tennessee property and purchased a gorgeous 21 acre farm prospect in Sperryville, Virginia – about ten minutes from sister, Anne and her husband Dennis Williams.  Our focus has completely shifted and now all vacations are Virginia bound.  They revolve mostly around fence and driveway building.  Next we plan to build a few barns, then a garage apartment and ultimately, our forever dream home.  We’ve set our sights on 2020 as a goal.  However, I’ll still be spending plenty of time in Florida at The Law Offices of Hoyt & Bryan.

2013 also had its share of loss.  First, our funny dog Corkie, then old kitty Bangle, then my beloved horse Sierra, then our cherished dog Kira and finally, our feral kitty Shamu.  In the process, kitty Beijing relocated to friend Ellie’s house after she lost her loved kitty.  Our service puppies, first Sienna and then Pete have both gone on to win the service dog lottery with fabulous placements where they are fulfilling their respective destinies.  So happy to have been a part of something so wonderful, they are also missed daily. 
And, just as this goes to press, a piece of my soul decided to join the others, wild Mustang, Tahoe went to heaven.  He had been plagued by seizures for a number of years. 

In the wake of sadness comes joy.  We adopted senior Corgi, Sassy from Sunshine Corgi Rescue, then Anglo Arab, Heaven from Horse Protection Association of Florida and then baby husky-labrador, Wolfie from Lost Dog Rescue.  We have thoroughly embraced dad’s philosophy of, “Until there are none, adopt one.”  We are looking forward to welcoming horse, Spirit sometime before Christmas.  Then we are full.

Work continues to keep us both busy and satisfied.  Cody is out of the Navy living in Montana.  Mom, Trudy Hoyt wed long time friend, Ken McCulloch and as expected, returned to her home state of Pennsylvania.  

We hope you’ll reach out if you plan to be out our way in Florida or traveling to Virginia during one of our excursions.  Otherwise, we’ll hope to see you on Facebook!  

Best wishes for a great New Year!  With lots of love and gratitude,  Peggy and Joe 


No comments:

Post a Comment