PetWill Radio

Friday, August 7, 2009

Interesting Books

I just finished reading The Shack by William P. Young. I think this book could possibly be one of the best books ever written. It certainly has the ability to change the way you view the Universe and God - at least it did for me. I was late to work this morning so I could finish reading it. It's the perfect combination of joy, laughter, wonder and tears.

I just ordered a copy to send to my mother for her 75th birthday which she is celebrating this weekend. It's one I know she will enjoy.

I would recommend this book to anyone. It was recommended to me by my friend, Joe Allen (not my husband Joe Allen) after his wife, Beth, died. It was one of her favorite books. She was a nurse practitioner who worked in an oncology practice. Thanks Joe.

After writing this I finished the acknowledgements portion of the books and they referred to what they call, "The Missy Project." The author has asked if someone enjoyed the book to share it with others - fortunately, I have with you. But, I want to give you a site you can visit for more information - the shackbook.com. I'm hoping they make this into a movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment