PetWill Radio

Sunday, December 18, 2011

What a glorious weekend to ride

This weekend was the second ride weekend of the year - for me. It was the Goethe Forest Ride. Tons and tons of people present because it was both AERC and FEI sanctioned. There were 100, 75, 50 and 25 mile riders. I was in the 25 mile or limited distance category. I rode with my friend Caren Stauffer and her horse Fancie Pants. We were fortunate to finish 7 and 8 - Whoo hoo, a top 10 finish! My friend Gayle King rode Pepper in the 50. She also finished in the top 10!

The weather was awesome, the trails great. We arrived Friday afternoon - me late because of our Hoyt & Bryan Team Christmas Party. We were up early Saturday morning for the ride even though we didn't go out until 9 a.m. We were completely done by 1 p.m. and ready to relax. It wasn't long before it was time to load up and drive home.

Congratulations to all of the riders who participated, all who tried and especially to all who finished. Thanks too to the organizers and volunteers who made the ride possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment