PetWill Radio

Friday, August 24, 2012

What I did on my summer vacation

I feel like I've been absent all summer - so much has been going on.  I never posted about my fabulous trip at the end of May with the Florida Bar General Practice Solo and Small  Firm Section to both London and Paris. I believe the Section may have even posted my diary of this event on their site. 

About forty people participated in the London and Paris program.  We had several super days of CLE with members from the English bar.  The information was interesting and entertaining.  We went to the theater, Buckingham Palace, Hampton Court, had a riverboat ride on the Thames.  There was not a single dull moment and unbelievably the weather was incredible.  It was warm and sunny, despite a forecast that called for cold and rainy.  We made some new friends and can't wait for the opportunity to go back.

June was a blur with nothing special to report except that I must have been at the office because I can't think of where else I might have been.  I have been riding all summer keeping my horse Sierra in shape for the upcoming ride season.

Early July, Joe and I went to Virginia so he could be introduced to our new property.  We finally sold our Tennessee property and bought twenty-one gorgeous acres in Culpepper County, Virginia near Sperryville.  My sister Anne and her husband Dennis live nearby so we will have some friendly neighbors.  We also met some of our closer neighbors and we are looking forward to the opportunity to build our dream home there. 

From Virginia we landed in Silva, North Carolina to spend a few days with law school friends Julie and Ray.  We enjoyed a terrific few days of relaxation and had the chance to go white water rafting on the Nantahala River. The water was sooooo cold our feet were freezing by the end of the raft ride.  Needless to say, despite the high 90's weather, we didn't go swimming.

Barely back from North Carolina, Randy, Sarah and I spent a week at the WealthCounsel symposium in Denver, Colorado.  Unfortunately, we were there when the shootings took place in nearby Aurora at the movie theater.  Teresa, Patty, Kathleen, Randall, Scott and I stayed for the weekend and had a great time exploring Estes Park and visiting the Rocky Mountain National Park. 

Well you'd think after that I'd stay home.  Not to be - shortly thereafter I went to Montana and Glacier National Park with my mom and the Florida Bar Elder Law Retreat.  Check back for details on that trip. 

Hope you had a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment